Herb-Roasted Lamb Chops
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, lightly crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp kosher coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 1 1 4 inch thick lamb loin chops
Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 tbsp olive oil in large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400. Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side.
Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer lamb to platter, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.